EXAMINATION OF THE SATELLITE ELECTROMAGNETIC ENVIRONMENT USING ITU CD-ROMs
Every month Radiocommunication Bureau of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU-BR) receives over 50 requests for coordination of the Satellite communication systems. In many cases the administrations have not made an analysis of the existing situation. Extra corrections and specifications of the notifications and parameters are sometimes needed. The omission of the data, the errors and the exceeding of the Radio Regulation  (RR) limits even in the notices of the international satellite operators indicates the absent of the precise advance analysis of all cases . The utilization of big database with characteristics of the satellite networks and beams and proper software are important conditions to take in mind all affected communication systems. It is good practice for the administrations to themselves check the electromagnetic compatibility of the Fixed Satellite Service (FSS) and Broadcasting Satellite Service (BSS) - FSS/FSS, FSS/BSS and FSS/Terrestrial Networks before notifications or on coordination procedures. Using the databases on the ITU-BR Space Radiocommunications Stations (SRS) CD-ROM for analysing the satellite networks by proper software is of great advantage for the administrations.
PROBLEMS TO RESOLVE
The main problems in the satellite coordination examinations are:
- to obtain necessary data for all affected communications systems;
- to dynamically change the data source (CD-ROM, hard disk (HD) or network);
- the operational data to be in proper format for easier searching, extracting, sorting and calculation;
- possibility to change and upgrade the p.f.d. limits, frequency band and other conditions;
- to examine separate topics or entire network by one instruction;
- to examine a list of networks by one instruction .
ITU-BR DATABASES USED FOR THE EXAMINATION OF THE SATELLITE NETWORKS
The databases on the ITU-BR SRS CD-ROM
- SRS database on CD-ROM (MS Access database) for the parameters of the Satellite networks.
- Gain contours of the satellite beam antennas (GIMS database – specific record structured database) with procedures for data extractions on GIMAPI.DLL application;
- Geographical data - the boundaries of the countries and ITU-BR regions. (ITU-BR IDWM database) with procedures for data extraction and some calculations on dynamic link library (DLL) application.
- BSS (Appendix 30 plan) database, with option transferred to MS Access database;
- International Frequency List database (ITU-BR IFL CD-ROM);
-Radio Regulations data: Power Flux Density (p.f.d). limits, footnotes, Resolutions and Recommendations for proper frequency bands (MS Access database).
FSS/BSS NETWORKS COMPATIBILITY EXAMINATION
The FSS/BSS compatibility examination according to Article 7 of RR Appendix 30 should be described in more detail as an example for using data from two different databases. The same approach can be used for other examinations.
The flow diagram of the main FSS/BSS examination procedures is shown on Fig.1.